You can tell it’s the winter season when the majority of my recipes are soups, stews or chili. Here’s more proof that it’s cold outside! Although not today… it’s a freaky 65 degrees, which Maxwell and I enjoyed with a long walk outside. But that’s beside the point; I still made some damn soup.
This one was thrown together when I went home during a lunch hour to check on our sick little poochie. I peeled/cut everything, threw it in the crockpot and came home to fantastical smells permeating from our apartment. If you follow these simple steps, you too shall experience such fantastical smells permeating from YOUR home. Ridiculously awesome, right?
Balsamic Beef and Veggie Soup
Servings: 4 (2 cups each)
PointsPlus Per Serving: 8 (or 4 PP per 1 cup)
- 9.5 oz lean and trimmed steak, 12 PP
- 5 oz frozen green beans
- 4 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 3 medium red potatoes, diced, 12 PP
- 3/4 cup sliced carrots
- 4 cups hot water
- 3 tbsp tomato paste, 1 PP
- 3 tsp Better Than Bouillon beef base, 1 PP
- 5 tsbp balsamic vinegar, 2 PP
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 3 bay leaves
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp black pepper
1. Chop up all those veggies and the meat and throw in into the crockpot. Then mix the tomato paste and bouillon base into the water and pour over the veggies. Pour in the balsamic vinegar and the rest of the spices. Cook on low for six hours and enjoy!
Yep, that’s the beauty of a crockpot. No worries, just dinner!