After three weigh-ins of gains and not enough time spent at home cooking, I finally made up for it and lost 5.4 lbs this week! But really, it’s just 2 lbs less than what I weighed in at before I gained those 3.4 lbs back. So yay for redeeming myself!
A list of random things before I give you the yummy smoothie recipe….
– I turned 27 this past Sunday. Happy birthday to me!
– My girlfriend is awesome. She bought me a bouquet of chocolate covered strawberries for my birthday rather than a cake! Sweet AND WWF :)
– Chobani chose me as their featured blogger of the week, so I’m currently accepting more entries for the case of Chobani ‘gurt they’re letting me give away! Enter here.
– I need to buy MORE Chobani ‘gurt so that I can make more muffins. I’m all out.
– 3 new people joined the Reluctant Losers in the past two days, so there’s 19 of us all together now!
– I got a subscription to Cooking Light for the next two years and I am PSYCHED. 218 recipes in the latest issue alone! I’m in heaven.
– I bought a juicer after watching Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead and I’m totally a convert. Zero PP and it’s incredibly good for you? YES PLEASE.
And now, for your yummy smoothie recipe! This is another recipe that I created using Chobani ‘gurt. It was quick, easy and delightful. You can switch up any of the ingredients to make it your own. I’m not a HUGE fan of bananas and berries in the same shake, but it’s what I had on hand. I’d much rather pair bananas with peanut butter or coconut and some chocolate syrup… and let the berries do their own thing with either lemons, vanilla gurt or ice cream, or…. chocolate syrup. Yep. Chocolate syrup is pretty much my “go-to” in many dessert situations. But not too much!
Berry Banana ‘Gurt Smoothie
PointsPlus Per Serving: 5
- 1 6-oz container of Chobani Pineapple, 4 PP
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1 cup mixed frozen strawberries/raspberries (or fresh if you have them)
- 1 cup frozen banana rounds (slice up bananas when they are just starting to brown and then freeze them!)
- 1/3 cup low-fat milk or Silk Coconut Milk, 1 PP
- 1 packet sweetener like splenda or truvia
1. Add all ingredients to blender. Blend. Pour. Enjoy. The end.
Since the bananas were frozen, there’s no need for ice! But if you don’t have any of your fruit frozen, then you’d want to add about 4 ice cubes or so. One more picture for the road!!