To get you all ready for the Chobani giveaway tomorrow, I’m posting this beautifully simple yummy parfait recipe! No muss, no fuss, just fresh fruit, a nice layer of carby goodness and two containers of Chobani ‘gurt (my favorite ‘gurt!). I’ve thoroughly enjoyed making yummy things with the case of yogurt they sent me. I wish I could get free ‘gurt EVERY DAY!! Stay tuned tomorrow (the start of my week as their featured blogger!) for a couple different muffin recipes and later this week for some WWF tzaziki sauce!
PointsPlus Per Serving: 6
- 2 6-oz containers of your favorite Chobani (I used peach and pomegranate), 7 PP
- 1/4 cup uncooked old fashioned oats, 2 PP
- 1 whole sheet reduced-fat graham crackers, 2 PP
- 1 packet splenda or truvia
- 3/4 cup Fiber One 80 cereal, 2 PP
- 3 handfuls total of chosen fruit
1. Pick out the berries you’re going to use and wash them. Set aside.
2. Put oats, graham crackers, your sweetener of choice and cereal into a food processor and blend until it’s broken up (not too much though, you still want it kinda chunky). That will be your crust. Open up yogurts and stir them in their containers.
3. Grab a glass and start with a layer of crust on the bottom. Then yogurt, crust, berries, yogurt, crust and a few more berries on top. Eat right away or refrigerate to enjoy later!
This is just how I did it. You can certainly put more fruit in there if you’d like, or even make more layers. Blueberries and raspberries were our fruits of choice, but really any fruit will do! I’d recommend mandarin oranges, pineapple, strawberries, blackberries, and peaches. All those go really well with yogurt. As for the yogurt, the flavor combinations are entirely up to you!
And in case you didn’t realize this, because of the ingredients used, this is actually a VERY healthy parfait. Each one packs 5 grams of fiber (from the Fiber One 80 cereal), 10-20 grams of protein (depending on which Chobani you use), and LOTS of healthy vitamins from the fresh fruit. You’ll be satisfied in both your mouth and your belly when you’ve finished yours!