Minus 1.4 lbs! Another good weigh-in. That means I’m less than 10 lbs away from my 10% goal!! Quite exciting stuff, people.
I don’t know what happened to me when I got back from our Chicago trip, but all of a sudden, I was in a cooking frenzy. I made all sorts of dishes (some of which I’ve posted already), dragged my girlfriend into taking all the pretty pictures and got down to business! I even made a batch of tasty muffins using the Banana-Applesauce Bread recipe and kept them nice and moist with a little less cooking and a handful of berries!
I wouldn’t have been able to make those muffins if I hadn’t remembered to grab a muffin pan from Meijer on my last trip. I ran across this fun recipe from the Point-less Meals blog. It looked fun and easy and I REALLY wanted to make it, but I had no muffin pan! So, I bought one and made use of it right away!
My version uses Canadian Bacon and American cheese, but I’m sure you could do a variety of combinations. I think next time I’ll try using some of our sun-dried tomato and basil Laughing Cow cheese wedges instead! You could use turkey or chicken lunch meat, or really any sliced meat you wouldn’t mind eating with an egg. And any kind of cheese is welcome, as usual :)
Bacon ‘n Egg Cups (adapted from the Point-less Meals blog)
PointsPlus Per Serving: 4
- 4 slices Canadian Bacon, 2 PP
- 2 eggs, 4 PP
- 2 slices 2% American cheese singles, 2 PP
- salt and pepper
1. Preheat oven to 375. Spray two sections of muffin tin with Pam.
2. Place 2 slices Canadian bacon into each section forming a makeshift cup. Crack egg, one at a time, into bacon cups. Take each cheese slice and fold it until you can break it into two cubes a piece. Place in egg. Salt and pepper the top just a little.
3. Put into oven and bake 17 minutes for softer baked eggs, or 20 minutes for more firm eggs. Serve immediately and enjoy!