I can’t even begin to describe how wonderful this weekend was! Let’s just say it was a blasty blast and I’ll be putting up a nice long post with pictures sometime this week once I’ve had a chance to go through and edit them. But to tide you over until then, I shall leave you with a tasty recipe that I came up with last week.
Remember when I put up the Spicy Salmon post? Well, this was another flavor combination that really hit the spot. I call it my “Yucateco Chipotle Salmon” because the two main flavors are Chipotle Chili Spice and El Yucateco’s Green Habanero Sauce. This specific hot sauce it absolutely my favorite green hot sauce. It has spice AND great flavor. I haven’t found anything yet that compares. I find it in the ethnic foods section of pretty much any grocery store. I’ve put it in cheese dips, many different marinades, on all my fajita/mexican foods and more.
I’ve made the original spicy salmon quite a few times already and since I mentioned all the different flavor combinations you could come up with in the first post, I knew I had to follow my own advice and make up one of my own. Hence, this lovely salmon was born. I put it over salad greens and some red clover sprouts, but I think it would be even better over some Spanish rice and sauteed veggies (I just didn’t have the time to make those during my lunch hour). It would also compliment the colors and flavor a little better!
Yucateco Chipotle Salmon
PointsPlus Per Serving: 7
- 1 fillet wild caught salmon (around 6 oz), 6 PP
- 1 1/2 tbsp light mayo, 1 PP
- 1/2 to 1 tbsp El Yucateco Green Habanero hot sauce
- 1/2 tsp lime juice
- ground chipotle chili pepper
- crushed red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper
- dried oregano
1. Rinse salmon fillet with cold water and pat dry. Place the salmon skin side down in a microwave save container (a smaller glass dish will work best). Season the salmon with chipotle spice and a bit of salt and pepper. Set aside.
2. In a small bowl, combine mayo, hot sauce and lime juice. Generously spread the mayonnaise mixture on top of the fillet. Sprinkle oregano and red pepper flakes on top.
3. Cover the dish tightly with microwave safe plastic wrap. Microwave the fish for 3 1/2 minutes. Check the center of the fillet for done-ness with a fork. If there is any uncooked fish, microwave for another 30-45 seconds. Eat with salad or sauteed veggies and rice!