I made crepes! They were delightfully light and tasty and I cooked them to perfection. Aaannnnd then I stuffed them with cut up strawberries and some Cool Whip Free. Oh buddy, I’m shocked that I only had two (and that we still have 4 in the fridge for tomorrow… well, 3.5 since my girlfriend took a big bite out of one after dinner last night).
The recipe I used was from my beautiful new Weight Watchers cookbook! One of my fellow WW peeps bought it thinking that it would have a lot of recipes that she could use, but after realizing that she really only eats curry and pasta and she really doesn’t like to cook, she sold it to me. That certainly worked in my favor! They were so easy to make and so delicious. The only other time I made crepes was when the girlfriend and I were trying the South Beach diet at the beginning of last year. They were… eggy. And stuffed with ricotta. Ricotta was good inside, but there was just too much egg! These WW crepes had flour, so they actually tasted like crepes SHOULD taste!
Nevertheless, here’s the awesome recipe so that you can enjoy them too. It only takes about 30 minutes (including 15 minutes to let the mixture sit) to make, so take advantage! They certainly aren’t a monotonous breakfast dish :)
Crepes (from the New Complete WW Cookbook)
PointsPlus Per Serving: 2 (3 if you include Cool Whip Free and strawberries!)
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour, 6 PP
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup low-fat milk, 3 PP
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten, 4 PP
- strawberries (optional)
- Cool Whip Free, 1 PP per 2 tbsp
1. Whisk together flour, nutmeg, and salt in medium bowl. Beat together milk and eggs in small bowl. Whisk milk mixture into flour mixture until smooth. Let stand 15 minutes.
2. Spray 8-inch nonstick skillet with nonstick spray and set over medium heat until drop of water sizzles in pan. Re-stir batter; pour scant 1/4 cupful of batter into skillet, tilting pan to coat bottom completely. Cook until top is set and underside is golden brown, about 1 1/2 minutes.
3. With spatula, loosen edge of crepe and turn over. Cook until second side is lightly browned, about 25 seconds. Slide crepe onto plate. Repeat with remaining batter, lightly spraying skillet before adding more batter.