We officially have our first recipe submitted by a reader!!! She’s a friend of mine who is experiencing some great success on Weight Watchers with a lot of hard work and determination, so kudos to Johnell B.!!
Johnell and I had some back and forth conversation trying to come up with a good recipe for enchiladas since she was going to be making some for a dinner with her sweetie. She ended up making these, and since she’s just wonderful, she took a picture and sent me the recipe! They look AMAZING, so I’m going to make them soon. You should too!
Johnell’s Green Chili Chicken Enchiladas
PointsPlus Per Serving: 6
- 2 cups cooked chicken, shredded (she poached the chicken in season water, but baked is good too), 11 PP
- 6 non fat flour tortillas, 8 PP
- 1 can organic green enchilada sauce, 5 PP
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 2 cloves chopped garlic
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp red pepper/cayenne
- 1 small can chopped green chiles
- 1 can diced fire roasted tomatoes
- 1 cup low fat shredded cheese
1. Using cooking spray, cook onions, garlic, cumin, red pepper and green chiles a few minutes. Add chicken and tomatoes. Simmer.
2. Dip a tortilla in some green sauce then put about a sixth of the chicken mix in the center, top with about 1 tbsp cheese per roll up, place seam side down in pan. Do this for all tortillas and filling.
3. Top with remaining sauce and cheese, cover and bake for about 30 minutes on 375.