Are you one of the lucky ones who was left with a fridge full of leftover food from Thanksgiving? Do not fret! Turkey Leftover Wraps are here! I found this recipe while searching through the weight watcher site after eating too much yummy food at Thanksgiving. I wasn’t left with a fridge full of leftovers, but I was left with a bag of tasty rolls and a pair of stretchy pants to squeeze into after I got home! But if I HAD been the one to house all the leftovers, this recipe is definitely something I would be taking advantage of. No need to reheat and eat as is. Now you can make it into something new and yummy too!
Weight Watchers ingredients are listed and I put my suggestions in the parentheses. No need to go out and buy new things if you have everything right in your fridge! So try these out and let me know what you think. Really… who wouldn’t love mashed potatoes in a wrap?
Turkey Leftovers Wrap
PointsPlus Per Serving: 5
- 1 1/2 Tbsp reduced-calorie mayonnaise (or use leftover mashed potatoes!), 2 PP
- 2 tsp mustard, coarse-grain (if using potatoes, use leftover gravy!)
- 2 medium whole wheat tortillas, warmed according to package directions, 2 PP each
- 4 oz cooked turkey breast, chopped, 4 PP
- 1/4 tsp table salt (not needed if using potatoes and gravy)
- 1/8 tsp black pepper, freshly ground
- 1/2 cup tomatoes, diced (or leftover cranberry sauce if using potatoes)
- 2 Tbsp red onions (optional)
- 1 cups watercress (or spinach or another lettuce)
- 3 Tbsp low-fat shredded cheddar cheese, sharp-variety, 1 PP
1. In a small cup, combine mayonnaise and mustard. Lay tortillas on a cutting board; spread with mustard mixture.
2. Top tortillas with turkey, placing it about 1-inch from edges; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Top turkey with tomatoes, onion, watercress and cheese.
3. Tuck in sides of tortilla and then roll it up tightly; cut in half on a diagonal. Yields 2 halves per serving.